Nĭ hăo (hi)!
I go by Stacia here. I’m a proud Asian-American. I’ve loved reading all my life but have always struggled to write reviews that I deem worthy enough for my favorite books. It dawned on me that life is too short to wait until everything’s perfect, so this blog is my attempt at changing this for good.
I tend favor fantasy and literary classics, but I try to read from various genres. My favorite authors are (in no particular order):
- C. S. Lewis
- Jane Austen
- Emily Bronte
- Rafael Sabatini
- Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Georgette Heyer
- Baroness Emmuska Orczy
- Diana Wynn Jones
- Louis L’Amour
- Anne Elisabeth Stengl
- Pierce Brown
- Orson Scott Card
- Brandon Sanderson
- Marissa Meyer
- K. M. Shea
- Sylvia Mercedes
- Tara Grayce
- Abbie Emmons
- Sarah K. L. Wilson
- H. S. J. Williams
- W. R. Gingell
I hope you find my posts insightful and entertaining. Please subscribe so you won’t miss any new content! And feel free to drop a comment or two while you’re here. I’d really enjoy hearing from you.
If you like my content, please share and Like! By do so, you are encouraging me to keep going here while also help other readers find my reviews. =)
What’s your favorite book right now? What are some new releases (or new-to-you books) you’re looking forward to? Leave a comment and let’s talk about it!
I also offer ARC reviews and beta-reading services. So if you’re an author/publisher who’s looking for honest feedback or reviews, contact me and I shall be happy to see what I can do.
Guest Posts: I welcome the opportunity to work with you if you have a guest article/review you’d like me to consider for publishing here, or if you’d like to invite me to write a guest article/post for your site/blog.
Thank you for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day!
~ Stacia (aka Cinnamon – cuz I love that spice, not to mention I just love spicy stuff in general – be it foods, or books, or banter 😉
Bonus for those who stuck around:
Special Weaknesses: Redemptive heroes. Scotland. BTS (it’s a tough one between OT7 vs. Jungkook). Webtoon’s Purple Hyacinth. American War for Independence. Chocolate-covered toffee. Apple-pom tea. 2CELLOS. Soundtracks (Especially by James Horner, James Newton Howard, Hans Zimmer, John Williams, Thomas Newton). JURDAN. Purple Hyacinth (THE WEBTOON, peasants 😉
Favorite Fictional Characters:
- Ender Wiggin
- Bean, Julian Delphiki
- Sir Percy Blakeney (from The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy)
- Captain Peter Blood (from Captain Blood by Rafael Sabatini)
- Sydney Carton (from A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens)
- Sherlock (BBC)
- Orual (from Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis)
- Edmund (from The Horse and His Boy and Prince Caspian by C. S. Lewis)
- Eanrin (from The Tales of Goldstone Wood by Anne Elisabeth Stengl)
- Steve Rogers / Captain America
- Diana Prince / Wonder Woman
- Horatio Hornblower (A&E)
- Portia (from The Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare)
- JSB “Queenie” (from Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein)
- Pet (from theCity Between series by W. R. Gingell)
- Cardan (from The Folk of the Air series by Holly Black)
- Sophia and Howl (from Howl’s Moving Castle by Diana Wynn Jones)
- Etanun (from Dragonwitch by Anne Elisabeth Stengl)
- Errance (from Moonscript by H. S. J. Williams)
- Frederica (from Frederica by Georgette Heyer)
- Sonia (from Crime & Punishment by Dostoevsky)